Tracey McDevitt Hagan
Managing PartnerThe Widener Building
One South Penn Square, Ste. 410
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Ms. Hagan’s areas of concentration include the representation of defendants involved in the mass tort litigation in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including asbestos and pharmaceutical litigation. Additionally, Ms. McDevitt Hagan has handled the defense of a variety of alleged environmental toxin personal injury cases, including benzene, diacetyl, and carbon monoxide poisoning. She also defends clients in Cyber Law and Data Privacy cases as well as all types of general civil litigation, including construction accidents, products liability, dram shop, and premises liability. Her firm serves as local, regional and national counsel for several defendants sued in the asbestos litigation, and she has taken numerous cases to verdict in Philadelphia and New Jersey in both their state and federal courts. She was appointed as defense liaison counsel in the Philadelphia silica litigation, and has served as a liaison to both sides of the asbestos bar in Pennsylvania and New Jersey regarding issues stemming from the negotiation of Medicare release language. Among her other non-legal activities, Ms. McDevitt Hagan is the founder and chair of “Not Just a Walk in the Park,” an annual community fundraising event that benefits the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. She also coached track for a North Philadelphia grade school, St. Malachy’s, from 1997 through 2012, and now sits as a member of their charitable board.
- Presenter, “Products Liability: Breaking the Supply Chain,” DRI Conference, November 11, 2016
- Moderator, “Insights on Diversity in the Legal Community,” Perrin Conferences: Diversity and Inclusion Conference, November 3, 2016
- Presenter, “Jurisdictional Update: Status of the Litigation and Recent Decisions” and Moderator, “The Judicial Perspectives,” Perrin Conferences: Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation Conference, May 3, 2016
- Presenter, “Premises Liability Issues: NJ, PA, and DE,” Insurance Society of Philadelphia, April 5, 2016
- Presenter, “Medicare and Medicaid’s Impact on Litigation,” Hosted by the DRI, November 6, 2014
- Presenter, “Appointment of Counsel and Potential Ethical Issues That May Arise: Navigating the Murky Waters,” Emerging Asbestos Coverage and Allocation Issues conference Hosted by Perrin Conferences, May 20, 2014.
- Presenter, “Medicare: History of the Act and Practitioner Tips,” Insurance Society of Philadelphia, September 24, 2013
- Presenter, “Medicare: Where are we and where do we need to go?” Mid-Atlantic Litigation Conference, Hosted by Perrin Conferences, October 10, 2012
- Presenter, “Philadelphia Complex Litigation Conference: Examining the Court’s New Mass Tort and Asbestos Protocols” presented by Harris Martin Publishing, June 5, 2012
- Presenter, “Issues Surrounding Equipment, Valve, And Component Part Manufacturers,” New Jersey Asbestos Litigation Conference, Hosted by HarrisMartin, May 4, 2011
- Presenter, ‘National Spotlight on Asbestos and Equipment, Valve, & Component Manufacturers,” Hosted by HB Litigation Conferences, December 15, 2010
- Presenter, “Recent Developments and Perspectives on Practice in MDL 875,” New Jersey Asbestos Litigation Conference, Hosted by HarrisMartin Publishing, March 8, 2010
- Presenter, “Handling the Dying Witness Deposition,” Asbestos “Crash Course” Conference, Hosted by HB Litigation Conferences, February 23, 2010
- Presenter, “Health Risk & Toxicology in Case Evaluation and Litigation: Gaining Maximum Benefit from Your Expert,” EECMA Spring 2009 conference, May 14, 2009.
- Presenter, “Defending the Premises Liability Case in Pennsylvania and New Jersey,” Continuing Education Series Offered by the Insurance Society of Philadelphia, Hosted by South Jersey Claims Association, April 1, 2009
- Presenter, “Claims Handler’s Guide for Detection and Defense of Potential Fraudulent Claims and Perspectives on Ethical Handling of Claims,” Continuing Education Series Offered by the Insurance Society of Philadelphia, Hosted by South Jersey Claims Association, October 30, 2008
- Presenter, “Current Trends and Lessons Learned: Mass Tort Litigation,” EECMA Spring 2007 conference, May 3, 2007
- Presenter, “Environmental Law: Defense Perspective,” Environmental Law Symposium, Temple University (Beasley) School of Law, April 2003 and March 2002