Partner3 Executive Campus
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Gino began his career as an Assistant District Attorney with the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. Thereafter, he began his practice in civil litigation serving both as claims counsel for a major insurance company and, thereafter as outside counsel. In 2002, he extended his practice areas to include commercial and general litigation. The major portion of his practice remains dedicated to civil litigation including Products Liability, Toxic Torts, Motor Vehicle Liability, Trucking and Transportation, Sexual Abuse & Professional Liability. Gino is routinely retained to offer counsel to religious institutions, long term care facilities, corporations, public entities, governmental entities and carriers investigating claims involving suspected insurance fraud, legal malpractice and lawsuits related to claims involving molestation and assault. Gino has an experienced appellate practice, and has prepared briefs and argued appeals in both federal and state court cases.
Gino has extensive jury and non-jury experience. He has provided litigation and investigative services to insurance companies, private corporations and individuals. He served as counsel liaison for the Delaware Valley Chapter of the International Association of Special Investigation Units (IASIU). He is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, The American Bar Association TIPS Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Committee and has successfully completed the course “Cybersecurity: Managing Risk in the Information Age” through Harvard University. In 2019, Gino was hired as an Adjunct Professor at Rowan University teaching courses in Cyber Law & Data Privacy
- Presenter, “2020/21 NJSBA Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Summit,” Hosted by the New Jersey State Bar Association, December 1, 2020.
- Presenter, “Ethical Expectations of Counsel in the Tripartite Relationship,” National Construction Defect Conference, Hosted by Perrin Conferences, November, 13 – 15, 2019.
- Presenter, “Defenses and Indemnifications Issues,” Hosted by The CLM, September, 25 – 27, 2019.
- Presenter, “Atlantic City Casino Information Security Symposium,” September, 10-11, 2019
- Presenter, “Construction Defect Litigation,” Hosted by the Insurance Society of Philadelphia, March 4, 2014
- Presenter, “Bad Faith Litigation,” Continuing Education Series offered by the Insurance Society of Philadelphia, Hosted by South Jersey Claims Association, 2012
- Presenter, “Claims Handler’s Guide for Detection and Defense of Potential Fraudulent Claims and Perspectives on Ethical Handling of Claims,” Continuing Education Series offered by the Insurance Society of Philadelphia, Hosted by South Jersey Claims Association, October 30, 2008
- Camden County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Temple University School of Law (J.D.)
- Boston University (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2016 & 2017
- Recognized by Martindale Hubbell as a “Top-Rated Lawyer” in Litigation for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability, 2015
- Gino Mecoli was selected to the 2015 – 2020 Super Lawyers list for New Jersey. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.